As noted below, I have started a small project. It is known as GAMVL, Get AOL Music Videos Leech, which is powered by the GAMV, Get AOL Music Videos, search at fernyb.net. I plan to stop posting this here and set up a separate page for this and perhaps real version control if I get ambitious..
Distributed under GPL V2.0
This version updates a number of bug fixes and adds some functionality. Now it includes PS3 transcoding support, however as VLC is limited in its divx transcoding, it uses mpeg2. A progress bar for downloads was added. The old instructions still apply:
- Unzip the binary (Or run the source if you have python/wxPython installed)
- Run GAMVL.app / GAMVL.exe depending on your system
- Select the Directory you would like to save music videos to
- Search and check off the desired items
- Check the iPod/PS3 encoding box if you wish to view these videos on your device. NOTE: VLC must be installed, preferably the NEWEST version, for this to function properly, if you have it installed in a non-default location or are running a different operating system, select the â€œSet VLC Locationâ€ from the file menu bar to find the proper file.
- If you select iPod/PS3 encoding and desire to keep both the source and iPod video files, check the box that appears.
- hit Go/Queue!
- Wait for them to finish, and enjoy.
Please leave comments with any problems, suggestions, appreciation, etc..
Here is the source code.
Here is a Mac OS X binary
Here is a Windows binary
Thanks for taking the time to do this. Works great and makes life a lot easier.
PS. The Url for the windows binary in your post above is wrong.
You were right about the URL — oops — it should be better now.